Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the Michigan Silversmiths Guild. There are many benefits to MSG membership, both tangible and intangible. Foremost, you will have the opportunity to participate in a vibrant community of metalsmiths in Michigan, the Midwest and world wide. Membership with MSG helps to support our activities which include workshops, lectures, exhibitions, this website and more. The Michigan Silversmiths Guild is a non-profit organization that serves the arts community. Membership is open to anyone who has an interest in the arts.
Among the many benefits of membership are:
- Discounted rate for workshops taught by artists and teachers established in the field.
- Support of MSG lectures that are FREE and open to the public.
- Support of student workshop scholorships.
- Four newsletter that are published quarterly, available on line and in print to members.
- Exclusive access to the MSG website that contains additional news and events. Upload access to our MSG Member Gallery, where you can highlight up to 10 images of your work, a link to your personal website and preference to add your events and news to our front page.
- Participation opportunity at the Jewelry & Objects Exhibition. This is a juried biannual exhibition of members work, which has been held for the last few years at the Ann Arbor Art Center.
- Participation opportunity at the MSG booth in the "Ann Arbor South University Art Fair". This is an annual juried event that allows artists to gain experience with selling work in an art fair within a supportive group setting for a reduced cost. This event also offers daily demonstrations of metalsmithing techniques that allows artists to gain experience with demonstraiting and the general public an opportunity to see how work in metal is made.
- Voting rights at the annual All Membership Meeting and Tool Swap
- Annual Holiday Party
- Opportunities to volunteer (We can always use your help)
The MSG membership cycle starts on September 1st and ends August 31st of the next year. What this means is that your membership will become active for the 1-year cylce indicated on the membership form. For example, if the membership form states that it is for the 2031-2032 membership cycle, upon payment, your membership will be active from September 1st, 2031 until August 31st, 2032. Please ensure that the membership form you fill out indiciates the membership cycle for which you intend to be a member in.
Click to ---> Become or Renew Membership